- The results for the Georgetown Highland Games are now available at https://t.co/jVztu7xenp. We look forward to seeing everyone at Cobourg.
- The 2016 Rule Book has been released. A summary of the changes can be found at https://t.co/DaEdNIdI4J. #ppbso
- The deadline for submitting solo regrading requests is March 1st, 2016. All appeals must be filed by March 31st, 2016.
- The PPBSO would like to congratulate all of the competitors and organizers for a fantastic contest. #Sherriff2015 #ppbso
- Sherriff Overall Results; 1. Austin Diepenhorst 2. Kevin McLean 3. Ryan Praskovich 4. Tyler Bridge 5. Andrew Hutton #Sherriff2015 #ppbso
- Sherriff MSR Results: 1. Austin Diepenhorst 2. Ryan Praskovich 3. Christian Rhoads 4. Jack Toohey 5. Kevin McLean #Sherriff2015
Solo Piping Grades 4 and 5 Suggested Tunes Monday September 4th, 2017
As the competition season ends and new school year begins, people start thinking about learning new tunes for the next season. This make this the perfect time to let teachers and competitors know about our list of suggested tunes for solo piping in grades 4 and 5.
These lists were originally put together for the Music Committee by Bob Worrall, Peter Aumonier, and the late Ed Neigh. Although the lists have existed for a few years now, they haven’t been widely publicized. After reviewing the lists earlier this year, the Music Committee agreed to publish them more formally. These lists are non-prescriptive – any tune that meets the requirements for the contest are acceptable; the goal of these lists are to guide competitors and teachers to tunes of an appropriate complexity for the grade. These lists are also living documents – we welcome all suggestions for additions, and expect these lists to grow over time.
The lists for grades 4 and 5 can be found at Solo Piping
While you’re on the site, check out our list of events for the Autumn and Winter. Along with the dates for the Highland Gala and AGM, you’ll find information about all of exciting events our branches are offering over the next several months. As more information about these events is made available, our calendar will be updated – so please check it for changes and additional information.