Next Post: Grade 4 2015 Mini-MSR Requirements Meeting
Prev Post: Fergus Scottish Festival Results!
- The results for the Georgetown Highland Games are now available at https://t.co/jVztu7xenp. We look forward to seeing everyone at Cobourg.
- The 2016 Rule Book has been released. A summary of the changes can be found at https://t.co/DaEdNIdI4J. #ppbso
- The deadline for submitting solo regrading requests is March 1st, 2016. All appeals must be filed by March 31st, 2016.
- The PPBSO would like to congratulate all of the competitors and organizers for a fantastic contest. #Sherriff2015 #ppbso
- Sherriff Overall Results; 1. Austin Diepenhorst 2. Kevin McLean 3. Ryan Praskovich 4. Tyler Bridge 5. Andrew Hutton #Sherriff2015 #ppbso
- Sherriff MSR Results: 1. Austin Diepenhorst 2. Ryan Praskovich 3. Christian Rhoads 4. Jack Toohey 5. Kevin McLean #Sherriff2015
Grade 4 Mini-MSR Requirements for 2015 Wednesday August 13th, 2014
At the 2013 Annual General Meeting, a motion was approved to replace the grade 4 band March Medley requirement with a “mini-MSR”. Working with that guidance, the Board of Directors and the Music Committee have approved the following for the 2015 season.
Bands must play 4 parts of two-four march, four parts of strathspey, and four parts of dot-cut reel. Also, the Music Committee decided that bands may use either two two-parted or one four-parted tune in each time signature. To lessen the burden on the bands, if they choose they may use the same strathspey music in both the Medley and Mini-MSR. This was all passed by the Board and will be part of the rule book for next year.
With the ability to play either two-parted or four-parted tunes, bands have a great latitude in the simplicity/difficulty of the music they choose to play. The Music Committee encourages bands to select music that they can play at appropriate tempos.
For additional clarity, the medley requirements for grade 4 bands remain unchanged.